What are you interested in?
- Visit the Mint
- Customer Service
- About the Mint
When the Royal Canadian Mint introduced its first Platinum Maple Leaf bullion coin in 1988, the coin's beauty and purity made it an instant success. Since that first release, the Platinum Maple Leaf bullion coin has been minted at a purity of 9995 platinum.
A unique celebration of our world-renowned Platinum Maple Leaf bullion coins. Order your coin today!
• Your coin celebrates 25 years of our world-renowned Platinum Maple Leaf!
• Your coin includes selective gold plating!
• Selective gold plating highlights the exceptional artistry of the coin's design and the shine and beauty of the Royal Canadian Mint's 99.95% pure platinum coin in proof finish.
• Your coin celebrates the Platinum Maple Leaf's beauty and success since its introduction in 1988.
• The obverse of your coin features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Arnold Machin that was present on coins at the time of the Platinum Maple Leaf's inception in 1988.
• Limited mintage of 250 worldwide.
• GST/HST exempt.
Your coin was designed by Canadian artist Jean-Louis Sirois, and features a "Shadowleaf" image, an original and highly creative take on the perennial Canadian maple leaf design present on all Platinum Maple Leaf bullion coins. The focal point is a slightly off-center, detailed and embossed maple leaf. This highly polished element is set within a gold-plated, recessed semi-circle that merges, on the image's left side, with a large shadow outline of the same maple leaf. The reverse features the words "FINE PLATINUM/1 OZ/PLATINE PUR" and "CANADA," the purity standard "9995," and a stylized "25 years/ans" celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Platinum Maple Leaf coin.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint branded maroon clamshell case lined with flock and protected by a black sleeve.
Order your coin today as platinum coins sell quickly!