What are you interested in?
- Visit the Mint
- Customer Service
- About the Mint
The Great Lakes are the world’s largest system of fresh surface water. Its five lakes—Superior, Huron, Michigan, Erie and Ontario—are visible from the moon and hold about 20% of the world’s freshwater supply. They were carved out and filled by prehistoric glaciers, and cover more than 243,000 km2 (93,823 sq mi). This is one of the most biologically diverse regions in Canada with more than 150 fish and 50 plant species, some of which are not found anywhere else on earth.
Lake Superior is the largest, coldest and deepest—just over 400 m (1,312 ft). It’s also the farthest north and the most pristine of the lakes. Few people settled here because of the cold climate, and today the Canadian side is predominantly wilderness.
A stunning gift for friends or family who love natural wonders, geography, history and the beautiful Canadian landscape. Order yours today!
• First time ever! Your coin is crafted with raised land against a translucent enamel filled lake.
• This coin features an interpretation of the bathymetric depths below the lake surface based on data from the Canadian Hydrographic Service.
• The first coin in our new 5-coin series featuring the beautiful Great Lakes.
• Also available as part of a five coin subscription!
• Your coin is proof-finish fine silver (99.99% pure), enamelled and is GST/HST exempt.
• A beautiful addition for any collector who enjoys natural imagery, unique design or Canadiana.
• Limited to 10,000 coins worldwide.
Your coin features an interpretation of a bathymetric map of Lake Superior highlighted with coloured enamel.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell case lined with flock and protected by a black sleeve.
Order your coin today!
This product has been produced by the Royal Canadian Mint based on Canadian Hydrographic Service data, pursuant to CHS licence 203-0225-1260-R.