1 oz. Fine Silver Coin - Wolverine - Mintage: 8,500 (2014)
Final coin in the series! Order yours today!
The wolverine is the largest member of the Mustelidae (weasel) family. This stout animal enjoys a fearsome "tough guy" reputation.
Much of the wolverine's notoriety can be attributed to its secretive ways, low population density and remote northerly range in central and western Canada. It's one of the nation's least understood animals, but as researchers continue to study the wolverine, they are discovering it is one of nature's great powerhouses.
The wolverine's strength is far beyond its stature. Its powerful jaws can bite through moose tibia, and its teeth have evolved to eat frozen meat and bones. It has long, semi-retractable claws that it uses primarily for digging and climbing. And while the wolverine is known to ferociously defend its food from larger predators, it is primarily a scavenger rather than a hunter of live prey.
A variety of finishes creates this distinctive wood block portrait of the wolverine in its habitat. Order yours today!
• Third and last issue in the Royal Canadian Mint's exciting Untamed Canada series, your coin showcases five different coin finishes, each with a separate degree of luster, exceptional engraving techniques and woodblock-inspired art.
• Your coin is a dramatic approach to coin design inspired by the untamed nature of the wolverine
• Your coin is 40 millimetres in diameter, an ideal size to showcase the artist's design.
• A beautiful gift and distinguished addition to your coin display.
• Your coin is GST/HST exempt with a limited worldwide mintage.
Your coin was designed by Canadian artist Tivadar Bote and features the woodblock-style portrait of a wolverine set against a sunburst motif bearing symbolic elements of the wolverine's Canadian habitat. The outer frame is engraved with the species' Latin name, "Gulo Gulo," the word "CANADA," the date "2014," and the face value of "20 DOLLARS."
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with black beauty box.
Order your coin today!
You may also like
$100 for $100 Fine Silver Coin - Canadian Horse (2015)
101 reviews$100.00 CAD
Scarlet Tanager - Coloured Coin (2014)
65 reviews$29.95 CAD
1/4 oz. Pure Gold Coin - Wolverine - Mintage: 1,500 (2014)
1 review$649.95 CAD