What are you interested in?
- Customer Service
- About the Mint
The year 2013 is ruled by the Snake. The Year of the Snake also ruled 1905, 1917, 1929, 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989 and 2001. However, people born in January or February should consult the Chinese lunar calendar. New Year does not automatically fall on January 1st. This celebration is better known as the Spring Festival and coincides with the first day of spring - a date that shifts from year to year depending upon the lunar cycle and solar year.
About the Snake:
People born during the Year of the Snake have a hypnotic beauty and never give themselves totally away. The mysterious Snake is a strategic planner that has everyone guessing its next move. It will keep plotting until it gets what it wants. And when it does, it is not likely to let go. The Snake is a strong individual and is usually destined for great success. Does this sound like someone you know?
A beautiful gift for someone born in 2013 or a previous Year of the Snake. Order your coin today!
• Your coin features a coiling snake with spots on its body that form the Chinese character for “snake”.
• Along your coin's edge is a familiar Chinese pattern that creates a beautiful circle about the snake.
• Special Edition Year of the Snake coin (not part of a series or subscription).
• Specimen finish! A three-fold combination of different finishes. The design (relief or raised area) includes both brilliant and mirrored surfaces and the background (field) are striated using laser etching that results in a matte finish.
• A celebration of Chinese Canadian culture, this coin makes an ideal gift for those born in the Year of the Snake.
• Crafted in 99.99% fine silver - GST/HST exempt
Your coin was designed by Canadian artist Simon Ng and features a coiling snake with spots on its body forming the Chinese character for “snake”; along the coin edge a familiar Chinese pattern encircles the snake, the word “CANADA,” the date “2013,” and the face value of “10 DOLLARS.”
• Coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell case lined with flock and protected by a black sleeve.
A perfect gift for those born in 2013 or a previous Year of the Snake.
Order your coin today!