What are you interested in?
- Visit the Mint
- Customer Service
- About the Mint
On January 2, 1908—the day that the Ottawa branch of the Royal Mint was itself freshly minted—Countess Alice Grey, wife of Canada’s ninth Governor-General, Albert Henry George Grey, stepped forward and struck Canada’s first domestically produced coin: a 1-cent coin. By 2012, more than 35 billion more would be produced.
Though the humble penny will one day disappear, its unique role in the history of Canadian coinage remains timeless.
Celebrate the history of the penny with your beautiful fine gold coin. A perfect gift for you or someone you know who wants to remember and cherish the penny.
• Celebrates the penny’s 75th anniversary of the Maple Leaves design.
• Crafted in 1/25-ounce fine gold (99.99% pure).
• GST/HST exempt.
• Custom beauty box with embossed foil maple leaves!
• Limited to 12,000 coins worldwide.
Your coin uses G.E. Kruger-Gray’s iconic 1937 design that was used as the Canadian 1-cent piece reverse image from 1937 to 2012, with the sole exception of 1967. The image features two upright five-lobed maple leaves, the larger one on the right slightly overlapping the smaller leaf on the left. Both are attached by their stems to a small twig. The date of the penny’s last production, “2012,” is engraved just below and to the left of the central image. The word “CANADA” is engraved across the central bottom portion of the reverse field. Opposite this word, across the centre top portion of the coin, is the face value of “1 CENT.” The reverse and obverse sides are framed with a beaded circle.
• Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell case lined with flock.
• Your coin is protected by a customized beauty box.
• Your coin is accompanied by a serialized certificate - your proof of ownership for this coin and evidence that your coin has been individually inspected by our resident quality assurance specialists.
The only tribute penny in gold!
Order yours today!