What are you interested in?
- Customer Service
- About the Mint
Your coin depicts Nowkawalk's Owl Shaman Holding Goose sculpture that reveals the mystical connection the Inuit people share with nature and the spirit world. Inuit shamans have the ability to transform into animals in order to access their wisdom and strengths. In this case, the shaman has shape-shifted into an owl and captured a goose—a powerful image carved from an ancient and enduring culture.
Today, as the Winnipeg Art Gallery celebrates its centennial, this world-renowned gallery is home to the largest public collection of contemporary Inuit art anywhere with over 11,000 works. Among them are three of Nowkawalk's sculptures, including Owl Shaman holding Goose that he carved in 1962.
Your coin tells a beautiful story of the mystical connection the Inuit people share with nature and the spirit world. Order yours today!
• 11th issue in this series of intricate 1/25th oz pure gold coins.
• Your coin depicts a sculpture by Joanassie Nowkawalk (1924-1990) of Inukjuak, one of the early full-time sculptors from the northernmost reaches of Quebec.
• The word Canada is also depicted on the coin in Inuktitut.
• Your coin is 1/25 ounce of fine gold (99.99% pure) - GST/HST exempt!
• Limited to 10,000 coins worldwide.
Your coin features an intricate reproduction of Joanassie Nowkawalk's original Owl Shaman Holding Goose sculpture that he carved out of serpentinite in 1962.
• Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell case lined with flock.
• Your coin is accompanied by a serialized certificate - your proof of ownership for this coin and evidence that your coin has been individually inspected by our resident quality assurance specialists.
An ideal gift for people who enjoy Inuit art.
Order yours today!
Courtesy of the Winnipeg Art Gallery; Twomey Collection, with appreciation to the Province of Manitoba and Government of Canada, 1801.71