What are you interested in?
- Visit the Mint
- Customer Service
- About the Mint
* Please call store to confirm product stock.close
This stunningly engraved, finely finished $100 gold coin celebrates the
150th Anniversary of the Charlottetown and Québec Conferences—important steps on Canada’s path to nationhood.
An excellent addition to your coin display focused around history or Canadiana. Order yours today!
• Your coin is our world-renowned annual $100 gold coin. It commemorates the 150th Anniversary of the Québec and Charlottetown conferences that helped to lay the foundation for the Canada we know today.
• The architectural elements of each building have been carefully polished to showcase the structures as they would have appeared 150 years ago.
• Your coin includes an intricate and elegant design that is finely engraved and meticulously presented in a beautiful proof finish (frosted raised elements on mirror background).
• Limited mintage of 2,500 worldwide.
Your coin was designed by Luc Normandin and features finely detailed images of the buildings in which the Charlottetown and Québec Conferences took place, inspired by nineteenth-century engravings. The top half of the design features the Charlottetown Colonial Building, now called Province House. In the lower half of the image, we see Québec Parliament Buildings that stood in the place now occupied by the Château Frontenac. Again bringing to life the intricate detail of the original engraving, this image presents the building from atop a cannon-lined battlement, overlooking the harbour at Cape Diamant. The two images are separated by a scroll featuring the text “CHARLOTTETOWN 1864 QUÉBEC.”
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.
Order your coin today!