What are you interested in?
- Visit the Mint
- Customer Service
- About the Mint
* Please call store to confirm product stock.close
Explore Canada as you've never seen it before with this captivating coin that draws you in to discover more than 50 images that are Canadian icons in their own right, or reflective of the artist's personal Canadian experiences—like time spent under the Yukon's midnight sun, as shown within the centre of this coin.
These images are reminiscent of comic book illustrations, but that's where their similarity to comic books ends. Instead of being linear they spiral out from the centre, inviting you to create your own adventure as you search for the initials of the province or territory you call home.
What else will you find? Canadian fauna and flora; First Nations culture and art; historic portraits and images; and various logos. Every time you explore this coin, you will see something new.
Order your coin today before they're all gone!
• Your coin is the second in a series of Contemporary Canadian Art coins: features an original work by renowned worldwide Canadian artist Tim Barnard.
• The astonishing circular design on your coin includes more than 50 distinct images symbolizing elements of Canada both broadly iconic and personal to the artist himself. Find something new every time you look at the coin!
• Your coin is an elegant gift and a sophisticated addition to any collection featuring Canadian art, Canadian artists or Canadiana.
• Your coin is 99.99% pure gold (GST/HST exempt) with a limited worldwide mintage.
Your coin was designed by renowned Canadian artist Tim Barnard and is titled “Canada Through the Eyes of Tim Barnard.” This astonishing circular design includes more than 50 distinct images symbolizing elements of Canada both broadly iconic and personal to the artist himself. At the centre of your coin sits a scene from a rugged Yukon riverbank—meaningful to Barnard for time spent there under summer's midnight sun. From here, the image circles out in a panoply of Canadian illustrations; images from Canadian history and portraits of historical figures; scenes from First Nations culture, art, and mythology; Canadian flora and fauna; people bundled up against winter's chill; and much more. This mesmerizing design offers something new for you at each glance. Barnard has also cleverly hidden within the design the initials of each Canadian province and territory.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with custom beauty box.
Order your coin today!