What are you interested in?
- Visit the Mint
- Customer Service
- About the Mint
* Please call store to confirm product stock.close
When the first Silver Maple Leaf bullion coin was introduced in 1988, the coin's beauty and purity made it an instant success. Since that first release, the Silver Maple Leaf bullion coin has been minted annually with one troy ounce (31.1 grams) of 9999 fine silver and a face value of 5 dollars—the highest face value on the market for any comparable silver bullion coin.
In addition to its metal weight, purity and face value, the coin's reverse design has consistently featured the emblematic maple leaf—a Canadian icon that remains a favourite for collectors around the world. This coin celebrates the iconic Silver Maple Leaf bullion coin with an exciting variation on Walter Ott's traditional maple leaf reverse image for this flagship Royal Canadian Mint product. In addition, the obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II from the 1988 original.
A unique celebration of our world-renowned Silver Maple Leaf bullion coins. Order your coin today!
• A Mint first! Selective gold plating on this large 5 oz. silver coin makes it highly sought after and extremely collectible.
• Your coin is rendered in fine silver (99.99% pure) and is GST/HST exempt.
• The exceptional and uniquely textured matte proof field is a testament to our exceptional craftsmanship.
• This one-of-a-kind coin features the anniversary dating of 1988-2013 and Her Majesty's effigy as seen at the time of the Silver Maple Leaf's introduction in 1988.
• Including the commemorative "25 yrs/ans" mark, this coin is an excellent addition to your 2013's sold-out Silver Maple Leaf collection.
• The obverse of your coin features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Arnold Machin that was present on coins at the time of the Silver Maple Leaf's inception in 1988.
• Limited mintage of 2,000 worldwide.
Your coin was designed by Canadian artist Jean-Louis Sirois, and this coin's "Shadowleaf" image features an original and highly creative take on the perennial Canadian maple leaf design present on all Silver Maple Leaf bullion coins. The focal point is a slightly off-center, detailed and embossed maple leaf. This highly polished element is set within a gold-plated, recessed semi-circle that merges, on the image's left side, with a large shadow outline of the same maple leaf.
Coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell case lined with flock and protected by a graphic beauty box.
Order yours today!