What are you interested in?
- Visit the Mint
- Customer Service
- About the Mint
On July 6, 2012, the biggest-ever celebration on horseback will begin as rodeo-revellers from around the world gather in Calgary, Alberta for the Calgary Stampede - The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth. Whether you have the opportunity to attend the 100th Anniversary Calgary Stampede, this coin offers you the chance to own a beautiful fine silver rendering of a uniquely Canadian celebration.
• GST/HST exempt.
• 5 oz fine silver (99.99% pure) coin.
• An extremely low mintage of only 1,500 coins makes this limited-edition commemorative coin highly desirable.
• Includes such details as Grated Coconut’s “CS” shoulder freeze brand and “G-65” hip brand and the rider’s “1912” competitor number—a reminder of the Stampede’s inception year.
• Intricate leather tooling inspired by the trophy saddle of Flores Ladue, wife of Stampede founder Guy Weadick.
Designed by Canadian artist Michelle Grant, it features six-time world champion bucking bronco, Grated Coconut, ridden by a brave bareback cowboy.
• Coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint branded black clamshell case lined with flock and protected by a customized design sleeve.
An ideal gift for Western fans and Stampede aficionados. Celebrate 100 Years of the Calgary Stampede with this 5 oz fine silver coin! Own it today!