What are you interested in?
- Customer Service
- About the Mint
* Please call store to confirm product stock.close
The War of 1812 was a fundamental turning point in Canada’s history: it profoundly influenced British North America’s (Canada’s) sense of identity and united French- and English-speaking inhabitants, Aboriginal communities, farmers, soldiers, artisans, and others, in an effort to preserve their ways of life from American invasion.
From the struggle emerged exceptional accounts of some of Canada’s proudest moments. These stories and the heroes that arose from them exemplified the extraordinary characteristics required to defend British North America, and have become important symbols and enduring narratives in the history and evolution of today’s Canada.
The Battle of Queenston Heights would become iconic in the war to come, strengthening unity among the many groups occupying British North America, spawning shared stories and heroes, and becoming one of the first common threads in the histories of Canada’s founding peoples.
Your coin celebrates a major historical event in Canada’s history! Order your today!
• David Kelly’s renowned 1896 painting, Battle of Queenston Heights, 13 October 1812 rendered in fine detail by Mint engravers, your coin is certain to be a favourite in your collection.
• Certificate includes a colour reproduction of David Kelly’s painting.
• 1 kilogram of fine silver (99.99% pure).
• GST/HST exempt.
• Limited to 700 coins worldwide.
• Serrated edge and image relief adds to your coin’s uniqueness.
Your coin depicts details from John David Kelly’s renowned 1896 painting, Battle of Queenston Heights, 13 October 1812. The famous artwork is one of the most highly recognized portrayals of the War of 1812 and of the Battle of Queenston Heights. In the foreground, Major General Isaac Brock lies dying as his soldiers struggle in vain to move him to safety. Behind him, British troops, Canadian militia, and First Nations warriors rush headlong into battle with the oncoming Americans, the fires and smoke of battle and rolling highlands of the region visible in the distance. The image is striking for its symbolic portrayal of British troops, Canadian militiamen, and First Nations warriors fighting together to fend off American invasion. Encircling the inner field is a polished silver border engraved with the word “CANADA,” the bilingual text “THE BATTLE OF QUEENSTON HEIGHTS/LA BATTAILLE DES HAUTEURS DE QUEENSTON” and the dates “1812-2012.”
• Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell case lined with flock and protected by a black sleeve.
• Your coin is accompanied by a serialized certificate - your proof of ownership for this coin.
A unique opportunity to own a truly special coin!
Order your coin today!
Source: Library and Archives Canada/ Bibliothèque et Archives Canada
Credit/Mention : John David Kelly/John David Kelly collection/C-000273