What are you interested in?
- Visit the Mint
- Customer Service
- About the Mint
The famous Lucky Loonie belongs to all Canadians, from coast to coast to coast and around the globe. As Canadian athletes begin their journey to the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, the Royal Canadian Mint is proud to release this beautiful coin in celebration of Canada’s outstanding athletic talent.
Cheer on the Canadian Olympic Team as they compete in the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games!
• Your reverse proof coin uses a variety of finishes and engraving techniques to highlight the exceptional detail in the iconic Canadian loon.
• Your coin features the Canadian Olympic Team logo in colour.
• Support the athletes of the Olympic Games, or give this coin to the athlete in your family as a thoughtful gift.
• Your coin makes a beautiful addition to your display featuring sport-oriented, Canadian-themed, and artistic coins.
• Your coin is GST/HST exempt with a limited worldwide mintage.
Designed by Canadian artist Emily S. Damstra, your coin portrays the original loon design of Canada’s 1-dollar circulation coin in a unique way. The common loon is depicted from behind as it spreads its wings in a territorial display, one of the species’ most elegant and recognizable poses. The loon, viewed sitting in the rippling lake waters, faces a lake shore densely wooded with the Canadian boreal forest’s characteristic mix of evergreen and deciduous trees. Your reverse proof finish silver Lucky Loonie also features, to the left of the lakeshore in the upper left-hand segment of the reverse side, a coloured Canadian Olympic Team logo, in celebration and support of Canada’s athletes as they prepare for the 2014 Olympic Winter Games and Paralympic Games in Sochi, Russia.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with black beauty box.
Order your coin today!
TM/MC © COC, 2014.