What are you interested in?
- Visit the Mint
- Customer Service
- About the Mint
For royalty watchers and expectant parents alike, this coin is an original baby shower gift!
When H.R.H. Prince William and Miss Catherine Middleton met while studying at the University of St Andrews in 2001, little did they know that they would become the world's most popular bride and groom. Indeed, their runaway popularity was confirmed when thousands of people filled the streets of London and millions tuned in to watch their wedding on April 29, 2011.
And now, onward to the next exciting step in a young couple's life—the arrival of their first-born. The announcement that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting a baby in July 2013 threw their adoring public into a frenzy, eager for the exact date and news whether it will be a boy or a girl, and what its name will be. Either way, the royal infant will be third in line to the throne and its birth will be celebrated with all the ceremony befitting a new member of the Canadian Royal Family; and the first to usher in a new generation of royals for the 21st century.
Learn more about the artist who designed this coin.
The arrival of the newest member of Canada's Royal Family reigns as one of the most anticipated events for 2013! Order yours today to celebrate!
• 99.99% pure silver with selective gold-plating.
• The Royal Canadian Mint pursues the tradition of celebrating Royal events with this coin beautifully crafted in 99.99% pure silver with a diameter of 36 millimetres.
• Your coin portrays the unique relation that Canada maintains with the Royal Family.
• Your coin is protected in a richly printed beauty box with silver foil that adds a wonderful touch as a beautiful gift for someone you know.
• A unique printing technic was used that brings out specific elements such as the baby rattle and gives it a 3D effect!
• With a limited mintage of 15,000 coins worldwide, this prestigious and original keepsake will easily become a cherished heirloom passed down through the generations to mark the arrival of each first-born—starting with 2013.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint branded maroon clamshell case lined with flock, along with a serialized certificate and protected by a custom beauty box.
Celebrate the birth of the new addition to the Royal Family! Order yours today to celebrate!