What are you interested in?
- Visit the Mint
- Customer Service
- About the Mint
Bison have sustained Canada’s Aboriginal peoples for thousands of years. For young boys, joining the hunt for the first time was a celebrated milestone and rite of passage. One can only imagine the excitement they must have felt as they listened to spellbinding stories of hunts past, their impatient eagerness as they spent hours making arrows, an exercise designed to teach patience and discipline—and to foster the understanding that it takes a carefully crafted arrow and a focused mind and eye to hit the mark. Finally, nature would signal that the time had come, and with bellies pressed against the ground, the boys’ first hunt would begin.
Your coin features a beautiful vignette of the bison hunt with an unexpected twist—a sacred white bison in the herd. Share the legends, the wisdom and the history of this ancient tradition with this must-have coin. Order yours today!
• Your coin is a stunning work of art celebrating Canada’s rich aboriginal heritage.
• Your coin is crafted in 99.99% fine silver (GST/HST exempt) with a limited mintage of only 10,000 coins worldwide.
• The perfect theme for hunters, nature enthusiasts and those with a fascination for First Nations traditions.
• Exquisite craftsmanship captures every detail of the design in your coin creating a vignette of the bison hunt.
• Your coin features a proof finish and is beautifully enhanced by the selected finishes that highlight the depth, the light and the soft effect we see when looking at an actual painting.
Designed by Coast Salish First Nation’s artist Darlene Gait, your coin features a captivating narrative of two young boys surveying a bison herd prior to their first hunt while their father points to the miraculous white buffalo.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell case lined with flock and protected by a black sleeve.
Order your coin today!