What are you interested in?
- Visit the Mint
- Customer Service
- About the Mint
Understanding the spiritual connection to the earth, the animals and the rhythm of the seasons was and still is a large part of what makes a good hunter. The white-tailed deer offered up food, clothing and housing to our First Nations' people for thousands of years, a sacrifice that never went unappreciated. Words were few as guidance, for hunting skills came from example.
New Tradition of Hunting series features the deer as seen through the eyes of a First Nation's artist. Order your coin today!
• Connect and relate to the story told through the artist's paintbrush and her First Nations heritage. This is a beautiful piece of work with emotions, inspired by nature.
• Exquisite craftsmanship captures every detail of this captivating design – including the light breezy grasses and the feather fletching of the arrows.
• The perfect theme for hunters, nature enthusiasts and those with a fascination for First Nations traditions.
• This coin features a proof finish and is beautifully enhanced by the selected finishes that highlight the depth, the light and the soft effect found when looking at an actual painting. Beautiful details that make this coin a unique piece of art.
• Your coin is rendered in fine silver (99.99% pure) and is GST/HST exempt.
• Limited mintage of 10,000 worldwide.
Your coin was designed by Coast Salish First Nation's artist Darlene Gait and features a captivating narrative of a young boy's inaugural hunt, his eagerness evident in his face as his camouflaged father raises a finger for silence. A buck stands in the background amid tall grasses and the rock behind the boy features a petroglyph of a hunting scene.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell case lined with flock and protected by a black sleeve.
An excellent addition to any collection focused around nature.
Order your coin today!