What are you interested in?
- Visit the Mint
- Customer Service
- About the Mint
Capture your own piece of the Group of 7 landscape.
• As one of the original members of the Group of Seven, Varley’s Stormy Weather, Georgian Bay (1921), is the focus of the first issue in this must-have series of seven coins: three coins in 2012 and four coins in 2013.
• GST/HST exempt.
• Crafted in 1-ounce fine silver (99.99% pure).
• Limited to 7,000 coins worldwide.
• Hand polished! The field (flat background) has a highly hand polished mirror-like finish.
Mint engravers reproduced Varley’s painting Stormy Weather, Georgian Bay (1921), for this coin. Varley painted this signature landscape in 1921 using oils on canvas to capture the character and essence of this stunning geographic region and its distinctive windswept pines.
• Coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint branded maroon clamshell case lined with flock and protected by a black sleeve.
Order yours today!
© Varley Art Gallery, Town of Markham
Stormy Weather, Georgian Bay, 1921 (detail)
Oil on canvas, 132.6 x 162.8 cm
National Gallery of Canada,
Photo © NGC