Fine Silver Coin with Niobium Colouring - Flowers in Canada Series - Tulip - Mintage: 6,000 (2014)
First in a new niobium series! Order yours today!
Canada's gardens are filled with a tremendous variety of flowers, but a few of them remain all-time favourites that always capture more admiring gazes than all the others. One is the tulip, and its big, bold dash of springtime colour is so popular that Ottawa has become "The Tulip Capital of North America."
Canada provided safe haven for the Dutch royal family during the Second World War. When the conflict ended, they began sending annual gifts of tulip bulbs to Canada. Today, Ottawa blooms with millions of tulips every year, while Canadians have planted countless more in their gardens from coast to coast.
This spectacular tulip coin has a niobium core that has been individually oxidized for a one-of-a-kind patina that will last forever. It delivers a unique background to showcase the single flower that has been selectively coloured—a tribute to one of Canada's superstar blooms.
A niobium tulip? The princess would have loved it—so will you! Order yours today!
• 1st coin in this exciting new series of 3 showcasing Canada's favourite flowers.
• This coin features an innovative minting process that incorporates a niobium insert struck into the coin’s silver core. The niobium is selectively coloured using a unique oxidization process produced naturally by niobium’s distinct properties. Niobium is used in superalloys, superconducting magnets and is commonly used to strengthen steel. The ability to make unique colours directly from niobium, make it an interesting metal for coins.
• The niobium core on each coin has been individually oxidized to permanently change the colour of the metal and create a one-of-a-kind background to showcase the flower. This means each coin has a unique colour due to the niobium oxidization process as the colour cannot be replicated exactly each time!
• Beautifully crafted in 99.99% pure silver, each design has a single flower in its niobium core that has been selectively coloured. Set against the niobium background, each tulip bloom stands out in its own unique way.
• Give this coin as a creative twist to the floral bouquet. It's a wonderful piece of art for gardeners and anyone who appreciates the beauty and excitement of springtime tulips!
• Limited to 6,000 coins worldwide—a must-have!
This coin shows a single tulip flower selectively coloured so it stands out from a sea of blooms—a tribute to the welcome sight that graces Canadian gardens from coast to coast each spring. The design is further enhanced by the coin's oxidized niobium core to create a stunning, one-of-a-kind effect.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.
Order your coin today!
You may also like
$50 for $50 Fine Silver Coin - Beaver (2015)
278 reviews$50.00 CAD
1/2 oz. Fine Silver Coloured Coin – Colourful Songbirds of Canada: The Blue Jay (2015)
21 reviews$64.95 CAD
Canadian Maple Leaf 1/2 oz. Silver Coin (2015)
112 reviews$29.95 CAD
1/2 oz. Fine Silver 6-Coin Subscription—Canoe Across Canada (2015)
27 reviews$44.95 CAD
1/2 oz. Fine Silver Coloured 5-Coin Subscription - Colourful Songbirds of Canada (2015)
15 reviews$64.95 CAD
1 oz. Fine Silver Coin - Forests of Canada: Carolinian Tulip-Tree - Mintage: 8,500 (2015)
6 reviews$99.95 CAD