What are you interested in?
- Visit the Mint
- Customer Service
- About the Mint
The year 2014 is ruled by the Horse. The Horse personality embodies life, liberty and happiness. He's amazingly agile, physically and mentally; a master problem-solver. After everyone else has given up, the Horse will saunter in with an ingenious and practical solution—and often charge ahead before the rest of the group can catch up. The Horse can be impatient, but he's also forgiving and kind. His sunny disposition is irresistible. Give him plenty of space to frolic.
The Year of the Horse also ruled 1906, 1918, 1930, 1942, 1954, 1966, 1978, 1990 and 2002. However, people born in January or February should consult the Chinese lunar calendar. New Year does not automatically fall on January 1st. This celebration is better known as the Spring Festival and coincides with the first day of spring—a date that shifts from year to year depending upon the lunar cycle and solar year.
Order yours today and celebrate the Year of the Horse!
• Part of our popular Lunar Lotus series, your coin features a Chinese zodiac and is the 5th coin in a series of 12.
• Your coin has been designed using the unique scallop shape, reminiscent of the lotus flower.
• Limited to 28,888 coins worldwide.
• Your coin is crafted in 99.99% pure silver with a beautiful proof finish; the coin features a matte horse design over a mirror background: GST/HST exempt!
• Your coin comes in an attractive Asian-inspired case—a perfect gift for someone you know who was born in 1906, 1918, 1930, 1942, 1954, 1966, 1978, 1990, 2002, and 2014.
Your coin was designed by Three Degrees Creative Group and it captures the essence of the animal with the image of a galloping horse and the Chinese symbol for horse.
Your coin comes packaged in an attractive Asian-inspired case - a perfect gift for those born in 2014 or a previous Year of the Horse.
Order your coin today!