What are you interested in?
- Visit the Mint
- Customer Service
- About the Mint
* Please call store to confirm product stock.close
In 1913, an international crew of scientists, sailors, guides, and crewmen—called the Canadian Arctic Expedition's (CAE)—set sail on a remarkable voyage of discovery in Canada's High Arctic. During the five years that followed, their work would touch unprecedented facets of Canada's far-flung northern reaches, including: previously unknown lands and islands, and thousands of photographs, artifacts, and specimens that offered Canadians a glimpse of life in the Arctic. Their discoveries not only better defined Canada's northern boundaries, but fundamentally contributed to Canada's scientific, social, and cultural knowledge of the Arctic and the people who lived there. This redefined the region in the Canadian imagination, and helped establish the special place it maintains in national life today.
Your coin set celebrates the Canadian Arctic Expedition of 1913-1916! Ideal for your fine silver proof set collection or to give to a friend to start theirs!
• The entire Proof Set is struck in 99.99% Fine Silver.
• Proof Set only: The $1 and $2 are gold plated, while selective gold plating enhances the design of the Proof Dollar.
• GST/HST exempt.
• Only 25,000 sets worldwide
Your fine silver dollar proof coin was designed by Canadian artist Bonnie Ross and draws on photography from the Canadian Arctic Expedition. Your coin depicts a group of three men aboard a dogsled, the waiting dog team before them listening for the command to move on across the Arctic tundra. The skyline and horizon behind this portrait are filled with a stylized image of a compass.
• Your fine silver proof set comes in an elegant genuine leather book-style packaging that complements your beautiful coins.
Order yours today!