What are you interested in?
- Visit the Mint
- Customer Service
- About the Mint
As an ode to Superman’s 75 years in publication, Superman is represented in both his “Golden Age” appearance, as seen on the cover of Superman #1, and a modern homage to that classic cover. As an Official Licensee of DC Comics, the Royal Canadian Mint has created this unique coin and commemorative packaging that also features a collectible stamp by Canada Post.
• Celebrate Superman’s 75th Anniversary! It’s the first time The Man of Steel appears on Royal Canadian Mint coins!
• This exceptional set features a Superman-themed coin by the Royal Canadian Mint and collectible stamp by Canada Post.
• 2-image lenticular design: Superman moves through the ages from his spectacular debut in 1938, to a more modern interpretation.
• Features Superman’s native Kryptonian language which reads “75 Years of Superman” in English and French.
• Comic book style packaging that harkens back to Superman’s golden age.
This 50-cent cupronickel coin has a diameter of 35 millimetres, and features a laser-created lenticular reverse image. The reverse image, created by DC Comics/Warner Brothers, features an ode to Superman’s 75 years in publication. The reverse is engraved with the word “CANADA,” the date “2013,” and the face value of “50 CENTS,” as well as “SUPERMAN” in the fictitious Kryptonian language from Superman's home planet in English and French. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Your coin and stamp set come in a custom folder.
Order yours today!
TM & © DC Comics.
WB SHIELD: TM & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.