1 oz Fine Silver Coin - Caribou (2013)
Fourth coin in this popular series! Order today!
For Canadians, the caribou embodies the tale of this nation's ageless landscape. In the caribou, you see a vast migratory journey through space and time. You relate to its resilience, its ability, across the massive span of millennia and kilometres, to nourish itself and thrive in harsh, remote conditions. The Caribou teaches you the lessons of survival in this land: the benefits of slow, steady progress borne of tireless effort; the safety of the herd against predators large and small; and your intrinsic interconnection with the world you inhabit.
It is no surprise that this unique animal is a Canadian icon, celebrated since 1937 on Canada's 25-cent circulation coin, official animal of Newfoundland and Labrador, and shield-bearer of the Nunavut coat of arms. Order yours today!
• Your coin is the fourth coin in the O Canada1 oz silver coin series.
• Your coin features a stylized caribou hoof print.
• Struck in premium proof finish with a mirrored background, your fine silver coin features caribou in their natural habitat.
• Engraved in exquisite detail, your coin celebrates one of Canada's most important national icons.
• An excellent addition to any premium collection focused around nature or Canadiana.
• Struck in 99.99% fine silver, your coin is GST/HST exempt.
Your coin was designed by Pierre Leduc and features a caribou cow and calf standing in the rugged terrain of the Canadian North. The mother stands on the right, her head turned toward her calf, her left eye peering at the viewer. Her tall antlers reach skyward atop her large head and strong neck. Beside her, the knobby-kneed calf peers shyly at its mother, waiting for her signal. The two stand in a grass-filled early summer valley. Behind them, their herd travels toward a river in the far distance. Rocky mountain peaks rise to meet the far-off horizon.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a maroon clamshell case lined with flock and protected by a customized full color sleeve.
This coin is an excellent addition to any coin display focused around nature. Order yours today!
You may also like
1/2 oz Fine Silver Coin - Caribou (2013)
19 reviews$39.95 CAD
1/10 oz Pure Gold Coin - Caribou (2013)
1 review$279.95 CAD