What are you interested in?
- Visit the Mint
- Customer Service
- About the Mint
The eerie sound of a wolf's howl can pierce the air for miles around. It can be a lone voice in the darkness, or multiple calls echoing from the distance. A wolf's howl can send shivers down the most stalwart spine, when in truth there is nothing to fear.
In the entire written history of Canada, there is not a single incident of a person being killed by a wolf, but that haunting call from an unseen beast in the darkness was destined to inspire fairytale villains who continue to shape people's beliefs and perceptions today.
The wolf's howl actually demonstrates its sophistication and complex social structure. Wolves live in packs of four to 12 members, and they are highly territorial, controlling hundreds of square kilometres of land. Howling is the pack's way of communicating—gathering members, warning intruding packs, even calling wolf pups.
This coin is sure to be popular. Don't be disappointed, order your coin today before they're all gone!
• Your coin was crafted using our exacting standard of 99.999% pure gold, the highest standard of pure gold available in the world, and hand polished to proof perfection.
• Your coin is the first, and currently the only, individually packaged (not part of a set) 1-ounce 99.999% pure gold collector's coin with these specifications.
• Your coin's design is a premium version of our 99.999% pure gold bullion coin, struck in a proof finish with a mirror-like background and enhanced engraved areas.
• Your coin is a stunning addition to your collection featuring Canadian wildlife, images of nature, Canadiana or wolves.
• Your coin is 99.999% pure gold (GST/HST exempt) with a limited worldwide mintage.
Your coin was designed by Canadian artist Pierre Leduc and presents a profile portrait of a howling wolf backed by lines representing the wolf's howl.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with black beauty box.
Order your coin today!