1 oz. Pure Platinum Coin - Maple Leaf Forever - Mintage: 250 (2014)
Carefully accented with soft matte polishes, order yours today!
For much of Canada's history, a singular image has symbolized this land and its people: the maple leaf. Popularized in songs and stories, on pins, flags, arms, badges, banknotes and coins, the glorious maple leaf is captured here in stunning 99.95% pure platinum.
Did you know...
• The silver maple has many other names: white maple, soft maple, river maple... Its proper name is Acer saccharinum – Acer means "sharp" like a maple leaf's edges, and identifies it as a maple species; saccharinum refers to the silver maple's sugary sap. It may not be as sweet as the sugar maple's famous sap, but it is possible to make maple syrup from many species.
• Think all maple leaves turn red in the fall? Think again. Come autumn, the silver maple's leaves change to a pale yellow or rusty brown colour – rarely red.
Order your coin today!
• A limited mintage of 250 coins will make this sought-after platinum coin a rare collectible.
• The latest installment in the Royal Canadian Mint's celebrated Maple Leaf Forever series features on its reverse a single maple leaf skillfully engraved in 99.95% pure platinum.
• The reverse features a lovely original design of a silver maple leaf by Canadian artist Lilyane Coulombe struck in stunning proof quality and carefully accented with soft matte polishes.
• Each coin is encapsulated and presented in a handsome red wood lacquered case with custom black beauty box
• An excellent addition to any Canadian-themed or nature-inspired collection and a thoughtful gift to mark memorable milestones and treasured achievements.
Your coin features a single silver maple leaf engraved in beautiful detail by Royal Canadian Mint engravers. The leaf overlays a band of concentric circles that frames this central image. The outer frame of the reverse is engraved with the words "CANADA" and "PLATINUM 1 OZ PLATINE" as well as the purity standard "9995" and the date "2014."
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a handsome Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell and black beauty box.
Order your coin today!
You may also like
$50 for $50 Fine Silver Coin - Beaver (2015)
274 reviews$50.00 CAD
10 oz. Fine Silver Coin - 100th Anniversary of the Declaration of the First World War - Mintage: 1,000 (2014)
5 reviews$899.95 CAD
1/10 oz. Pure Platinum Coin - Portrait of Nanaboozhoo - Mintage: 3,000 (2014)
5 reviews$299.95 CAD