1/10 oz Pure Gold Coin - Caribou (2013)
Fourth coin in this popular 1/10 oz pure gold series!
For Canadians, the caribou embodies the tale of this nation's ageless landscape. In the caribou, you see a vast migratory journey through space and time. You relate to its resilience, its ability, across the massive span of millennia and kilometres, to nourish itself and thrive in harsh, remote conditions. The Caribou teaches you the lessons of survival in this land: the benefits of slow, steady progress borne of tireless effort; the safety of the herd against predators large and small; and your intrinsic interconnection with the world you inhabit.
It is no surprise that this unique animal is a Canadian icon, celebrated since 1937 on Canada's 25-cent circulation coin, official animal of Newfoundland and Labrador, and shield-bearer of the Nunavut coat of arms. Order yours today!
• Your coin is the fourth coin in the O Canada 1/10 oz pure gold coin series.
• Your pure gold coin features a proof finish (frosted relief over brilliant background)
• Your coin features a stylized caribou hoof print.
• Your coin includes detail engravings of the caribou set against the backdrop of the Canadian Arctic—one of the world's most remote landscapes.
• Your coin is a great gift and collectible that celebrates Canada's natural wonders, the Canadian North.
• Struck in 99.99% pure gold, your coin is GST/HST exempt.
Your coin was designed by Pierre Leduc and displays a portrait of the neck, face, and antlers of a male caribou. Presented in three-quarter profile, the male gazes directly at you, his right eye and ear, specialized muzzle, and well-furred powerful neck presented to stunning effect. Atop his head, you see the lower portion of his sizeable, multi-branched antlers. In the background you see a rugged, stony valley dotted with pines and bisected, on the right side of the image, by a zig-zagging river. In the far distance, mountains rise to meet the horizon.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a maroon clamshell case lined with flock and protected by a customized full color sleeve.
This coin is an excellent addition to any coin display focused around nature. Order yours today!
You may also like
1/10 oz. Pure Gold Coin - Orca - Mintage: 4,000 (2013)
0 reviews$279.95 CAD
1/2 oz Fine Silver Coin - Caribou (2013)
19 reviews$39.95 CAD
Fine Silver Coin - Tradition of Hunting: Deer - Mintage: 10000 (2013)
18 reviews$69.95 CAD