What are you interested in?
- Visit the Mint
- Customer Service
- About the Mint
This great bear has been honoured by Canada's First Nations people for thousands of years, often revered with the same respect as a grandfather. Powerful yet solitary, the grizzly is a commanding example of the unconquerable and often elusive nature of Canada's wilderness.
Order yours today!
• Your coin is the second coin in the 1/2 oz. fine silver coin O Canada 2014 series.
• Your coin is struck in premium proof finish that brings depth and texture to this stunning image of Canadian wildlife. It is rendered in 99.99% fine silver and has a limited mintage.
• An excellent addition to your nature-focused or Canadiana collection.
• A beautiful gift or collectible for those who love wildlife, natural images, original artwork and Canadian themes.
• Your coin is GST/HST exempt with a limited worldwide mintage.
Your coin was designed by Canadian artist Glen Loates and presents a full-body profile portrait of a grizzly bear. The massive grizzly is presented from its left side, its enormously powerful musculature and shaggy silver-tipped fur showcased to stunning effect. The bear's mouth is slightly open as it clambers over a log atop a rocky outcropping. Its pointed snout gives way to a massive head bearing distinctive small eyes and ears. The bear's large neck is lowered as it scans the ground. The outer frame of the image also features a miniature stylized grizzly head in profile.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with custom beauty box.
Order your coin today!