What are you interested in?
- Visit the Mint
- Customer Service
- About the Mint
The Royal Canadian Mint proudly celebrates the rich cultural heritage of Chinese Canadians with this beautifully intricate gold coin. The use of traditional symbolism in this Asian-inspired design conveys a blessing of longevity—one of the important life blessings in ancient Chinese beliefs—upon the coin's owner.
• In Asian art and poetry, images of plants and animals are often used as symbols that represent different ideas and concepts. According to Chinese tradition, keeping some form of these images close by can bring you many blessings. If you are given a symbol that represents a long life, you have been given a "Blessing of Longevity."
• Along with prosperity and good luck, longevity is considered one of the pillars of a perfect life and is represented by many different symbols.
• The people of ancient China believed that cranes, like turtles, could live for centuries; in reality, a crane's average life span is about 25 years—that's still a long time for a bird!
• The crane's white feathers reflect the white hair and wisdom of old age, while its ability to fly symbolizes a person's ability to rise above current circumstances.
Last three coins in series sold out! With a limited mintage of only 888, hurry and order yours today!
• Your coin is the sixth in our renowned series of Asian-inspired coins, and features a unique lotus-shaped scalloped edge.
• Made of 99.999% pure gold coin, the highest purity unique to the Royal Canadian Mint.
• Very low mintage of only 888 coins—a number that is symbolic since the number "8" is considered the luckiest of numbers in Chinese tradition.
• Your coin is a beautiful and thoughtful gift that confers on its owner a sincere blessing of longevity.
Designed by Canadian artist Charles Vinh, your coin is reminiscent of traditional Chinese papercuts and centres on two cranes as they stand poised on a pine tree branch. A side profile of these revered birds perfectly showcase the sharp contrast between their white primary feathers and their black neck, as well as the darker wing and tail feathers that flow down behind them. The pair is turned towards the left, which features the Chinese symbol for "longevity." The pine tree that fills the lower and top portion of the image field further strengthens the image's message, which bestows upon the owner a blessing "to live as long as the pine and crane."
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.
Order your coin today!