What are you interested in?
- Customer Service
- About the Mint
* Please call store to confirm product stock.close
In 1913, an international crew of scientists, sailors, guides and crewmen—called the Canadian Arctic Expedition (CAE)—set sail on a remarkable voyage of discovery in Canada's High Arctic. During the five years that followed, their work would touch unprecedented facets of Canada's far-flung northern reaches, including: previously unknown lands and islands, and thousands of photographs, artifacts and specimens that offered Canadians a glimpse of life in the Arctic. Their discoveries not only better defined Canada's northern boundaries, but fundamentally contributed to Canada's scientific, social and cultural knowledge of the Arctic and the people who lived there. This redefined the region in the Canadian imagination, and helped establish the special place it maintains in national life today.
Your coin commemorates an important event in the history of Canada! Ideal for your silver dollar collection or to give to a friend to start theirs!
• 54th issue of our proof fine silver dollar coins!
• Your coin celebrates the 100th anniversary of the Canadian Arctic Expedition of 1913–1916.
• GST/HST exempt and crafted in fine silver (99.99% pure) with a proof coin finish.
• Limited to 40,000 coins worldwide.
Your coin was designed by Canadian artist Bonnie Ross and draws on photography from the Canadian Arctic Expedition. Your coin depicts a group of three men aboard a dogsled, the waiting dog team before them listening for the command to move on across the Arctic tundra. The skyline and horizon behind this portrait are filled with a stylized image of a compass.
• Your coin comes encapsulated and presented in a maroon flock-lined clamshell case.
• Your coin is protected by a black sleeve and accompanied by a serialized certificate—your proof of ownership for this coin and evidence that your coin has been individually inspected by our resident quality assurance specialists.
Order yours today!