Pure Gold Coin - Maple Leaves with Queen Elizabeth II Effigy from 1965 - Mintage: 1,500 (2015)
Second coin in the gold series featuring a different effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
The glorious Canadian maple and our beloved Sovereign, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Queen of Canada—two icons that for more than sixty years have symbolized our country and our collective sense of identity. The Royal Canadian Mint proudly celebrates the remarkable reign of our Queen with a new series featuring the four effigies of Her Majesty that have appeared on Canadian circulated coinage since 1953.
A highly limited mintage is sure to make this a sought-after coin for collectors and British monarchy fans worldwide. Avoid disappointment and order yours today!
• This is the second coin in the Royal Canadian Mint's new series celebrating the Canadian coinage effigies of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
• This coin features on its obverse the beautiful profile portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II created in 1964 by British sculptor and artist Arnold Machin.
• To underscore Her Majesty's role as Canada's head of state, the reverse features a beautiful and symbolically powerful design of two sugar maple leaves.
• Commemorate Her Majesty's long reign of devoted service to Canada with a unique coin of
99.99% pure gold.
• A limited mintage of 1,500 means that this coin is sure to be sought after by collectors.
• Your coin is GST/HST exempt!
The reverse image by Canadian artist Celia Godkin features two sugar maple leaves. Pointing downward, the overlapping leaves are attached by their stems to a single twig at the top of the image. The leaves are engraved with careful precision using a variety of textures to lend depth to the image. The reverse is engraved with the words "CANADA", the date "2015" and the face value of
"10 DOLLARS". The obverse design features the second obverse of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II to appear on Canadian coinage in 1965, when she was 39 years old. Her Majesty wears a jewelled tiara and an elaborate gown. The effigy is encircled with the Latin legend "ELIZABETH II D. G. REGINA," which means "Elizabeth II, by the grace of God, Queen."
Did you know…
• Canada's head of state, Her Majesty The Queen, is also head of state of fifteen other realms in the Commonwealth–a free association of fifty four like-minded countries that were once British colonies. In a constitutional monarchy such as ours, the Sovereign reigns but does not rule: power is invested in the Crown and is only "entrusted" to governments to use on behalf of the people.
• In addition to being Sovereign of sixteen Commonwealth nations, Her Majesty serves as head of the Commonwealth–fifty-four nations that comprise a quarter of the world's population—which spans all continents with a focus on both discussion of common problems and the seeking of resolution.
• In 2012, Her Majesty celebrated her Diamond Jubilee–the 60th anniversary of the Queen's accession to the Throne. Among realm Sovereigns, Queen Elizabeth II is only one of two monarchs to have attained a sixty-year reign. Only her great-great-grandmother, Queen Victoria, celebrated a Diamond Jubilee in 1897.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.
Order your coin today!
You may also like
2017 Canada 150 Circulation 12-Coin Collection
714 reviews$34.95 CAD
2017 Pure Silver Proof Set - 150th Anniversary of Canadian Confederation
78 reviews$234.95 CAD
2017 Proof Pure Silver Dollar - 150th Anniversary of Canadian Confederation
194 reviews$59.95 CAD
Pure Silver Coin – Spirit of Canada (2017)
208 reviews$19.95 CAD
Pure Silver Coin – Heart of Our Nation (2017)
606 reviews$19.95 CAD
2017 25-cent 125th Anniversary of The Stanley Cup® Special Wrap Coin Roll
221 reviews$22.95 CAD