What are you interested in?
- Visit the Mint
- Customer Service
- About the Mint
From provincial coats of arms to sporting mascots, the mighty moose has long been one of Canada's most popular symbols. Now, the Royal Canadian Mint celebrates this iconic creature by immortalising it in this stunning pure gold coin.
Found in forests across Canada–from the Alaskan border to Newfoundland and Labrador–this "gentle giant" is known for its easy-going nature. This, along with its determination, makes the moose the perfect representative for the spirit of Canada's wilderness and the people who inhabit the land!
Did you know…
• Males (or bulls) weigh an average of 600 kilograms, but some have also been known to weigh as much as 1,500 kilograms!
• Antlers are shed and re-grown each year! They can span up to 1.5 metres, which adds to the moose's already imposing size.
• Their bone growth rate is believed to be among the fastest of any animal in the world!
• This mighty creature is a vegetarian. It eats up to 23 kilograms of vegetation daily–half of its diet comes from flowering plants and tree shoots, while the other half consists of aquatic plants.
A special design of the majestic moose! Order yours today!
• This 350-dollar coin is 99.999% pure gold–the purest gold coin available in the world.
• The various finishes applied to this coin help in setting the stage of this wintery scene further enhancing the story of this wondrous creature.
• This stunning work of art serves as a highly valued addition to any gold coin collection, as well as any Canadiana or nature-themed collection.
• Your coin is GST/HST exempt with a limited worldwide mintage.
This coin displays a side profile of a bull moose as it makes its way through a forest clearing. In this tranquil wintry setting, the moose is rendered in stunning detail–from its thick fur to the majesty of its antlers, its features are etched in great detail. The dark-coloured moose is scarcely troubled by the snow-covered terrain as it descends a gentle incline amidst snow-clad trees in the background.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.
Order your coin today!