What are you interested in?
- Visit the Mint
- Customer Service
- About the Mint
Each of your coins in this gold coin fractional set features an image of three incuse-struck sugar maple leaves. Incuse is a method of coin striking that dates to the dawn of human coining which involves striking an image down into the metal rather than creating a relief. The earliest coin samples, from Ancient Lydia and most of Ancient Greece, were struck with rectangular punches that left an incuse impression on one side of the coin. Ancient coin-makers later integrated into the process a hand-carved bronze die which would impart a relief design on one side of the coin. Eventually, they innovated with the use of a second die. In some cases, this second die would be used to create a relief image on the reverse of the coin; in others, it was carved in intaglio, allowing coin-makers to produce coins with a relief image on one side and incuse on the other.
Previous fractional gold set sold out! Hurry and order yours today!
• A Mint First! First incuse fractional set from the Royal Canadian Mint!
• The leaves on each of your coins have a carefully polished brilliant finish that highlights their details against the matte field.
• This rare set features four pure gold sugar maple leaf-themed coins in one-ounce and fractional denominations.
• Our world-renowned purity standard (99.99%) brings exclusivity and prestige to the set.
• A highly limited mintage is sure to make this a sought-after set for collectors around the world.
• Struck in 99.99% pure gold, your coin set is GST/HST exempt.
All four coins in your fractional set feature a reverse image by Canadian artist Pierre Leduc showing three overlapping sugar maple leaves on a frosted background. The top of the image features the embossed word "CANADA" while the bottom features the bilingual text "FINE GOLD" and "OR PUR" with the associated weight of each coin. Just to the right of the right-hand leaf is the purity standard of "9999." The obverse features the date "2014," the face value of the coin, the words "ELIZABETH II" and the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Your coins are encapsulated and presented in a Canadian maple wood case, lined with flock and protected by a black sleeve.
Order your coin set today!