Each series comes in an elegant wooden collector case, yours free with your subscription!
The cougar is one of Canada's most powerful, elusive and beautiful predators. This silent hunter is the perfect subject for the Royal Canadian Mint's stunning new three-coin and five-coin sets. Viewed together, the series showcases the variety of finishes, selective plating applications, colour and precious metals used by Royal Canadian Mint engravers to bring life and energy to every image.
Subscribe to get the entire 3-coin set to complete the story of a year in the life of a female cougar as she negotiates a mountain pass, stalks on a tree limb, and fixes her gaze on her quarry.
• This beautiful 99.99% pure silver coin set features multiple technologies to bring out the stunning beauty of a cougar.
• Celebrate the life and habits of an astonishing Canadian predator, struck in 99.99% pure silver in an engraved work of stunning artistry.
• Viewed together, the series showcases the variety of finishes, selective plating applications, colour, and precious metals used by Royal Canadian Mint engravers to bring life and energy to every image.
• First coin in your subscription is the all silver coin priced at $89.95 (NO GST/HST!*), ships in September, 2014; the second is the coin with colour at $99.95 (NO GST/HST!*), ships in October, 2014; and the third and final is the coin with gold-plating at $114.95 (NO GST/HST!*), ships in November, 2014.
• Your free case will be shipped with the 3rd coin in the series.
• Your coins are GST/HST exempt and have a limited worldwide mintage.
First coin design:
Your coin features a female cougar negotiating a rocky mountain pass. Viewed from her left side, the cougar is presented in full-body detail, each massive muscle in her powerful back legs, shoulders, and fore-paws finely rendered. Her long, counterbalancing tail hangs gracefully behind her and her head is lowered as she uses her exceptional vision to determine the best path through the landscape. The lower half of the image depicts the massive outcroppings of a barren mountainside. In the background of the upper half of the image we see a few scraggly pine boughs, adding visual interest to the image and balancing the lower half of the design.
Second coin design:
Your coin features a female cougar resting silently on a tree limb. The focal point of this beautifully detailed image is the cougar's intense gaze as she locks her unseen prey in her sights. Her gaze will not leave this unsuspecting target until she is upon it. Her left forepaw and muscular front arm extend down the tree limb, claws extended to ensure her grip. Her entire body curls under her as she gathers her full power to leap. Beneath the tree limb, her long tail provides the perfect counter-balance, ensuring the uncanny accuracy and distance of her leap. The image is beautifully balanced by the spray of leafy maple branches, transformed to autumnal orange, that provide the cougar with the camouflage that is so essential to her hunting success.
Third coin design:
Your coin features a female cougar leaping through the snow toward her prey. Viewed from the position of the prey animal, this dynamic portrait presents to stunning effect the cougar's most important hunting tools: her large, powerful fore-paws, highly muscular back legs, long counterbalance tail, strong shoulders for holding down prey, and sharp gaze. In a stylized landscape of snow-covered rocky terrain, she leaps with intense focus toward the viewer. The cougar is finished in gold plating to bring the intensity of the image to life.
Each series comes in an elegant wooden collector case, yours free with your subscription.
Order your subscription today!
Subscriptions by credit card purchases only. The Royal Canadian Mint (RCM) reserves the right to limit the total number of subscribers and guarantees product availability of at least one full series per customer. Your credit card will be charged when each coin is shipped. Subscription agreement may be cancelled at the customer's request at any time with a phone call or written notice to the RCM.