Third coin in the series! Order today!
The third gold coin in the Royal Canadian Mint's exciting new 2014 O Canada series focusing on iconic Canadian images salutes that most Canadian of wildlife symbols, the Canada Goose
Don't miss out on future coins in the series: Order the subscription today
and receive for FREE
a beautiful collector box!
Did you know…
• The Canada Goose's unique V-shaped flight pattern is believed to facilitate migration by enabling drafting for weaker flyers and aiding communication by the leader.
• This amazing flyer has been known to travel more than 1,000 kilometres in a 24-hour period.
• The species' relatively large vocabulary contains 13 distinct calls.
• Canada geese are so verbose that they begin communicating with their parents while still in the egg, calling out trills of greeting, alarm, or pleasure to their waiting parents.
• Canada geese mate for life, but will find a new partner if a mate dies.
• Some conservationists consider the Canada goose's recovery from near-extinction a century ago a success model for wildlife management. The challenge for the species moving forward will be to manage its habitat overlap with humans and keep populations in balance.
A beautiful gift or collectible for those who love wildlife, natural images, original artwork, and Canadian themes. Order yours today!
• Your coin is the third gold coin in the Royal Canadian Mint's 2014 O Canada series featuring iconic images celebrating all that makes Canada unique showcases the Canada Goose!
• Your coin is masterfully crafted by Royal Canadian Mint engravers, struck in premium proof finish to bring depth and texture to this stunning image of Canadian wildlife, and rendered in 99.99% pure gold.
• Your coin is GST/HST exempt with a limited worldwide mintage.
Your coin was designed by Canadian artist Jean-Charles Daumas and presents a portrait of a Canada goose in its natural habitat. Viewed in three-quarter profile from its left side, a Canada goose sits comfortably against the background of a forest-lined lake. Its dark head and bill, bright white cheek marking, long black neck, and densely feathered dun body are rendered in exceptional detail by Royal Canadian Mint engravers. Each feather, shadow, and highlight seem to burst with life as the iconic waterfowl looks calmly at the viewer.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a custom beauty box.
Order your coin today!