RARE: Features the effigy of King George VI
In commemoration of the 70th anniversary of D-Day, this finely detailed coin offers a unique first-person perspective of the peril faced by Canadian soldiers during their landing at Juno Beach. The detailed design serves as a heartfelt tribute to the Canadian veterans of the Second World War, and their enduring legacy of service and sacrifice in Normandy and beyond.
Your coin is a heartfelt tribute to Canadian veterans of the Second World War and their bravery in the face of peril. Their contributions helped change the course of history. Order yours today!
• RARE: Typically the obverse of your coin features the reigning monarch, this coin features a rare effigy of the reigning monarch during the Second World War, King George VI.
• A great gift for the military historian in your life
• Crafted from 99.99% pure silver, this coin commemorates the 70th anniversary of the Allied invasion of Normandy – an important offensive that allowed Allied forces to establish a foothold in Western Europe and open up another battlefront, thus paving the way to Allied victory.
• Detailed artistry and dimensional engraving create a unique first-person perspective that immerses you in the events of June 6, 1944.
• You pay no GST/HST exempt
• This coin has a limited worldwide mintage.
June 6, 1944 – forever known as D-Day – your coin transports you back in time with a unique first-person perspective that immerses you in the midst of the action. Canadian infantry soldiers are seen in full battle gear as they disembark from a Landing Craft Assault (LCA) vehicle and make their way to what’s become known as Juno Beach. In the foreground, one soldier looks on while another at left looks back at the viewer, who is about to follow the others into the low Atlantic tide. The precariously angled horizon in the background recreates the rough sea conditions, as the transport vehicle and its occupants are tossed about by tall waves just off the shores of Normandy.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell box with a black beauty box.
Order your coin today!