First coin in a new and unique 3-coin gold series, order yours today!
Canada's three natural realms of land, sky, and sea mingle in a landscape of unmatched grandeur. Similarly, its people—First Nations and modern inhabitants alike—though culturally distinct, overlap within this landscape in a unique experience of shared history and nationhood.
A beautiful gift for someone who enjoys First Nations art! Order yours today!
• This 1/2-ounce 99.99% pure gold coin is part of the Royal Canadian Mint's unique 3-coin gold series featuring the striking artwork of celebrated Canadian artist Andy Everson.
• This series celebrates interconnections within the natural world, between Canadians and their landscape, and among Canada's multicultural people. The first release, dedicated to the theme of “Land,” adopts a beaver as its central motif while ingeniously incorporating Canada's four seasons.
• A K'ómoks First Nation drummer, ceremonial dancer, and artist, Andy Everson is an innovative artist whose arresting images blend traditional, modern, and even pop culture motifs.
• With a limited mintage of only 1,500, this coin is sure to be sought after by collectors.
• An exceptional gift and distinguished collectible for those who love fine art, unique coins, First Nations themes, and Canadiana.
• GST/HST exempt.
The Interconnections series celebrates the relationship between Canada's three natural realms: land, sky, and sea. This first release, dedicated to “Land,” adopts a beaver as its central motif while ingeniously incorporating Canada's four seasons. This central motif is framed within a wreath of six maple leaves. The iconic importance of the maple leaf to Canada is well known, but this image also points specifically to the season of autumn, when maple leaves are at their most colourful. Arranged in a six-point pattern, the leaves also become a winter snowflake. Nestled between the leaves are six stylized raindrops, celebrating spring. Finally, rays of sunlight emanate from the image, symbolizing summer. Like the seasons themselves, each element of the design blends into the next. The design's hologram treatment augments this sense of connection and transition.
A nod to Canada's pragmatic, hard-working people, the beaver is one of Canada's oldest symbols as well as a key figure in First Nations mythologies. Canada's exploration and settlement by Europeans was also deeply influenced by this unique animal, who drew the earliest fur traders to Canada's eastern shores.
It is highly fitting that an artist representative of the traditional guardians of Vancouver Island's eastern “Land of Plenty” would design a series celebrating the connection between land, sea, air, and the people whose lives overlap within this environment. Andy (Na̱gedzi) Everson is a member of British Columbia's K'ómoks First Nation. Through dance, drumming, and art, Everson honours the traditions of his K'ómoks and Kwakwaka'wakw ancestors. He has travelled internationally as a ceremonial dancer, sharing First Nations traditions. It was through ceremonial dance that Everson began his first serious forays into art, designing pieces for potlatches. Today, he is known for his bold, eye-catching, and thought-provoking designs that often meld traditional motifs with references from popular culture.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a custom beauty box.
Order your coin today!