Second of five coins in the "Stained Glass" series!
With their ability to transform a single sunbeam into an array of dazzling colours, stained glass windows have captivated architects and artists alike. The Royal Canadian Mint proudly celebrates the timeless artistry of stained glass windows–one of Canada's most widespread forms of public art–with the introduction of its dazzling "Stained Glass" series of coins.
A beautiful gift for someone who enjoys the beauty of stained glass! Order yours today!
• Most of the surface of this coin is covered in translucent or opaque enamel, making the coin shine and reflect light.
• The enamel, filling individual sections of the coin, is filled by hand to represent the stained glass panels from the window.
• The second coin in the Royal Canadian Mint's exciting new "Stained Glass" series celebrating Canadian public art.
• Celebrate the rise of a distinctly Canadian artistic sensibility and the unmatched beauty of the McCausland dome in Toronto's Casa Loma.
• With a very limited mintage of 7,500 coins and a beautiful full-colour enamelled design, this fine silver coin is sure to be sought after by collectors and gift-givers alike.
• Your coin is GST/HST exempt and has a limited worldwide mintage.
The reverse image of this coin features a colour reproduction of the central disc of the McCausland stained glass dome in Toronto's Casa Loma. At the heart of the disc lies a raised polished silver circle framed with engraved rays. The image is divided into four quadrants by raised silver lines spanning from the central circle to the coin's raised outer rim. Each of the four lines bears a stylized cluster of nine purple grapes. These four clusters are separated from each other by dark green leaves set against a whimsically engraved lighter green palazzo-like background. A golden vine encircles the central portion of the image, winding its way around the coin from central curlicues that surround the central circle. The outer rim of the image is lined with alternating light green segments.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a protective sleeve.
Order your coin today!