Canada's gardens are filled with a tremendous variety of flowers, but a few of them remain all-time favourites that always capture more admiring gazes than all the others. One is the tulip, and its big, bold dash of springtime colour is so popular that Ottawa has become "The Tulip Capital of North America."
Canada provided safe haven for the Dutch royal family during the Second World War. When the conflict ended, they began sending annual gifts of tulip bulbs to Canada. Today, Ottawa blooms with millions of tulips every year, while Canadians have planted countless more in their gardens from coast to coast.
This spectacular tulip coin has a niobium core that has been individually oxidized for a one-of-a-kind patina that will last forever. It delivers a unique background to showcase the single flower that has been selectively coloured—a tribute to one of Canada's superstar blooms.
A niobium tulip? The princess would have loved it—so will you! Order yours today!
• 1st coin in this exciting new series of 3 showcasing Canada's favourite flowers.
• The niobium core on each coin has been individually oxidized to permanently change the colour of the metal and create a one-of-a-kind background to showcase the flower. This means each coin has a unique colour due to the niobium oxidization process as the colour cannot be replicated exactly each time!
• Beautifully crafted in 99.99% pure silver, each design has a single flower in its niobium core that has been selectively coloured. Set against the niobium background, each tulip bloom stands out in its own unique way.
• Give this coin as a creative twist to the floral bouquet. It's a wonderful piece of art for gardeners and anyone who appreciates the beauty and excitement of springtime tulips!
• Limited to 6,000 coins worldwide—a must-have!
This coin shows a single tulip flower selectively coloured so it stands out from a sea of blooms—a tribute to the welcome sight that graces Canadian gardens from coast to coast each spring. The design is further enhanced by the coin's oxidized niobium core to create a stunning, one-of-a-kind effect.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.
Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed or your money back. Shop with confidence knowing that if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can simply return it to us in its original packaging within 30 days and we will gladly offer you a replacement (subject to product availability) or send you a full refund.