Previous limited edition proof dollars have sold out, hurry and order this coin today!
Right from its onset, the Second World War ushered in a new era for Canadians. When Canada declared war on September 11, 1939, it did so as an independent nation, not as a colony automatically drawn into the conflict by Britain. The romanticized patriotism that had greeted the First World War was gone, replaced by a collective memory of the heavy losses that had been suffered. The Great Depression had left Canada's military undermanned and underequipped, and idle factories and a diminished workforce now faced an urgent demand for airplanes, ships, vehicles, guns and munitions.
Canada's women responded, and soon represented 25 percent of wartime workers. By 1944, 439,000 women were in the service sectors, 373,000 in manufacturing, including 261,000 in munitions alone.
Women helped build the Allied war effort, they turned their nation into an economic power, and forever transformed their role in society—and at war.
An ideal gift for war historian enthusiasts! Order yours today!
• This beautifully detailed limited-edition 1-dollar coin commemorates the 75th anniversary of the Second World War–a conflict that had intense immediate and long-lasting effects on Canada and the world.
• Graphic style reminiscent of the era shows women building an Avro 683 Lancaster X.
• A striking addition to any military or history-themed collection and a thoughtful gift for military enthusiasts.
• Own a historical artwork of exceptional craftsmanship minted in 99.99% pure silver.
• Your coin is GST/HST exempt with a limited worldwide mintage.
Your coin presents a collage symbolically portraying three female workers completing construction of an Avro 683 Lancaster X. In the center of the image, a standing woman in bandana and work wear of the Second World War era lifts a wrench toward the ceiling of the fuselage. Flanking her on her left and right are two similarly attired women. These women are seated on a box in front of the standing woman, riveting each of the fuselage walls.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.
Order your coin today!