In relation to the Olympic and Paralympic Games, the Royal Canadian Mint has proudly produced the most extensive circulation coin program ever conceived by any mint worldwide. Bearing unique designs related to the 2010 Winter Games, this first-of-its-kind circulation program includes a total of 17 coins - ten quarters honouring snow and ice sports from the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games, two quarters honouring ice sports from the Vancouver 2010 Paralympic Winter Games, two lucky loonies and three quarters celebrating Canada's favourite Olympic Winter Moments!
Thirty-six limited mintage collector coins and sets, including the 2010 Special Edition Uncirculated Set featuring all three coloured Top Canadian Olympic Winter Moments coins, are also available.
To get these special circulation coins, keep your eye on your change.
2010 Winter Games Circulation Program Line-up
Here's a complete line-up of the 2010 Winter Games Circulation Program including release dates:
- 25-cent Curling Coin (February 23, 2007)
- 25-cent Ice Hockey Coin (April 4, 2007)
- 25-cent Wheelchair Curling Coin (July 11, 2007)
- 25-cent Biathlon Coin (September 12, 2007)
- 25-cent Alpine Skiing Coin (October 24, 2007)
- 25-cent Snowboard Coin (February 20, 2008)
- 25-cent Freestyle Skiing Coin (April 16, 2008)
- Lucky Loonie (July 23, 2008)
- 25-cent Figure Skating Coin (November 18, 2008)
- 25-cent Cross Country Skiing Coin (January 15, 2009)
- 25-cent Speed Skating Coin (March 12, 2009)
- 25-cent Bobsleigh Coin (June 23, 2009)
- 25-cent Moment 1 - Men's Ice Hockey (September 29, 2009)
- 25-cent Moment 2 - Women's Ice Hockey ( November 17, 2009)
- 25-cent Moment 3 - Cindy Klassen (January 5, 2010)
- Lucky Loonie (February 12, 2010)
- 25-cent Ice Sledge Hockey (March 18, 2010)