Reporting to the Senior Manager, Linguistic Services and Official Languages, the Administrative Coordinator, is responsible for coordinating requests from internal clients (Marketing, Communications, Sales, Foreign Business, Human Resources, Engineering, etc.) for translation and other linguistic services in support of the Mint’s internal, national and international operations. The position also includes administration and clerical duties to support the Linguistic Services and Official Languages Section.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle the coordination tasks related to processing a high volume of translation and linguistic services requests from clients; this includes data input and maintenance in the translation tracking system and the corporate-wide SmartTeam collaborative software used by a main client group for the New Product Introduction process.
- Perform administrative tasks related to the operation of both the Linguistic Services and the Official Languages portfolios of the Section, some of which may be of highly confidential nature.
- Manage documents; create and keep physical and electronic documents and files up to date.
- Ensure the outsourcing function with suppliers (assign texts, negotiate deadlines, follow-up on translation requests to make sure deadlines are met, etc.).
- Monitor and update the Section’s budget to ensure expenses stay within budget and resources are being utilized efficiently.
- Provide administrative support to the Senior Manager (filing, cross-checking invoices and preparing them for approval to ensure timely payment, tracking expenses against budget, extract data for metrics and analysis).
- Provide support to suppliers, act as resource-person to provide suppliers with terminology and reference material and channel more complex requests for information to the in-house terminologist or translation staff.
- Suggest various elements and/or tools to improve the operations of the Section and its administrative aspects.
- Purchase office supplies and create purchase orders for suppliers.
- During peak translation periods, occasionally help in the drafting and translation of short texts or memos intended for limited internal use.
- Provide occasional support to other members of the team.
- Collegiate diploma in administration, translation or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience in administrative support and/or customer service.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (including advanced skills in Excel).
- Ability to maintain a positive and considerate attitude, both at personal and team levels, while working under pressure.
- Impeccable skills in both French and English (comprehension, conversation and writing).
- Ease and attention to details in problem solving.
- Keen sense of customer service and professional courtesy in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Sound judgment and superior interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple, tight and often conflicting deadlines among external suppliers, internal clients and in-house translation staff.
If you qualify for the mandatory requirements, and if the above describes your abilities and interests, please forward your resumé and cover letter in confidence to:
Royal Canadian Mint, Human Resources,
320 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0G8
Fax : (613) 998-0272
e-mail : email@example.com
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
The Royal Canadian Mint promotes equity in employment: As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.