Reporting to the Senior Manager, Communications, the Coordinator, Corporate Events is responsible for responsible for the tactical execution of special events such as coin launches and other public relations activities for the Mint’s various business lines. The incumbent will also play an active role in the planning of these events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Senior Manager, Communications and other key Mint staff, participates in the development of an annual special events and promotional plan for the Mint.
- In conjunction with the Senior Manager, Communications, plans and executes special events and public relations activities that support the Mint’s various lines of business.
- Is responsible for the production and maintenance of comprehensive documentation to prepare executives and other stakeholders for all events and prepares status reports as requested.
- Monitors suppliers to ensure seamless execution of event logistics.
- Oversees communications budgets to ensure that special events are executed within the allocated budget.
- Assists in developing and maintaining relationships with national and international partners in developing and executing events.
- Supports aspects of the overall communications plan for the Mint to increase the exchange of information and outreach to stakeholders.
- Determines suitable venues and locations for special events and special requirements for seamless execution.
- Monitors the performance work of external contractors and other agency bodies and recommends areas for improvement.
- Co-ordinates contracts with external contractors and agency bodies with the Mint’s Legal and Procurement departments (if required).
- Assists in developing a process of best practices for planning and executing events at the Mint.
- In conjunction with the Senior Manager, Communications and other key Mint staff, participates in the development of event post-mortem.
- College or University Diploma specializing in Public Relations, Events Management or a related field.
- Three to five years experience in event planning or event management
- Bilingualism is required
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience dealing with external contractors and agencies
- Experience dealing with executives and wide range of VIPs
If you qualify for the mandatory requirements, and if the above describes your abilities and interests, please forward your resumé and cover letter in confidence to:
Royal Canadian Mint, Human Resources,
320 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0G8
Fax : (613) 998-0272
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
The Royal Canadian Mint promotes equity in employment: As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.