Director, Enterprise Risk Management
Back to Listing
Posted: 06/16/16Job Type: Full TimeLocation: Ottawa
Reporting to the Senior Director, Treasury & Risk Management, the Director, Enterprise Risk Management leads the planning, design, development, implementation, operationalization and monitoring of the RCM's Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program and Business Continuity Plans (BCP). Leading a small team, working with external resources as required and closely with all levels of management, the team will provide expertise, guidance and advisory services to support the process for identifying and assessing organizational risks, developing risk profiles, establishing risk tolerances and risk indicators, developing and documenting risk treatments, developing communication strategies, and coordinating the integration of risk management practices throughout the organization. The team will work collaboratively with key process owners to develop, document, implement and operationalize business continuity plans and related activities. The position will also be responsible for the development and implementation of RCM's Fraud Management program.
The incumbent will have 1 direct report.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the development and implementation of RCM's Enterprise Risk Management program, to effectively identify, assess, treat and mitigate significant organizational or emerging risks in accordance with acceptable organizational risk tolerance levels
- Leads the collaborative efforts with key process owners to develop, document, implement and test business continuity plans to minimize downtime, ensure resiliency and speedy recovery.
- Leads the development and implementation of RCM's Fraud Risk Management program including working with the Internal Auditor to assess the effectiveness of detection, controls and processes.
- Leads the development, quality and timeliness of risk reporting and presentation materials to senior management, Audit Committee, Board of Directors and Office of the Auditor General
- Leads the integration of ERM into the strategic planning and reporting processes
- Contributes to the development and integration of risk management strategies into operational plans and processes
- Promotes the continued development of ERM competencies throughout the organization
- Provides risk support for major initiatives as appropriate
- University degree Business, Finance, Accounting or other related field
- Professional accounting designation (eg. CPA) and/or advance university degree (eg. MBA) preferred
- Professional risk management and/or relevant designations or certifications (eg. CERA, CRM, CBCP, MBCP, CFE, CIA) an asset
- Minimum 10 years progressive management experience with Enterprise Risk Management including COSO and ISO ERM frameworks and methodologies, Business Continuity management, Fraud Risk Management and internal control standards in an organization of significant size, complexity and diversity
- Experience in strategy, policy development, leadership, and project and program management
- Leadership skills including demonstrated ability with decision making responsibilities, mentoring, coaching, and the ability to inspire and build confidence
- Strong strategic thinker with broad business acumen
- Excellent communication skills including proven ability to negotiate, influence and persuade others to facilitate change management
- Proven collaboration skills and ability to foster partnerships to achieve organization goals
- Proven ability to prepare and deliver presentations, facilitate group discussions and provide training to a diverse group of stakeholders
- Bilingualism (English and French) preferred
If you qualify for the mandatory requirements, and if the above describes your abilities and interests, please forward your resumé and cover letter in confidence to:
Royal Canadian Mint, Human Resources,
320 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0G8
Fax : (613) 998-0272
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
The Royal Canadian Mint promotes equity in employment: As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.Back to Listing