Reporting to the Vice-President, Human Resources and Quality Systems, the Director of Quality Systems directs the management of the Quality Systems section and is responsible for directly leading a team of 4 employees and indirectly a team of approximately 21 employees at both the Ottawa and Winnipeg facilities.
Based on the Royal Canadian Mint’s vision, "To Be The Best Mint in the World", the Director is responsible for applying modern quality management system principles, such as the ISO 9000 standards and continuous improvement methodologies, which play a significant role at the strategic, managerial and operational levels to help achieve objectives such as quality, cost and deliverables within an environment of continuous improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the strategic and operational plans, budgets, and establish overall goals and metrics for the Quality Systems section.
- Establish the Quality Systems section’s objectives, initiatives and structure that support the organization’s reputation for achieving outstanding quality and its approach focused on continuous improvement.
- Build a positive work environment by managing direct reports to ensure effective utilization of employee talents and capabilities. Ensure the Quality Systems’ staff maintains the required level of expertise and increases its competency levels in support of the corporate vision and organizational objectives.
- Responsible for overseeing compliance and maintaining the organization’s ISO 9001 certification at both the Ottawa and Winnipeg plants.
- Develop strong relationships and work collaboratively with peers and internal stakeholders in Operations, Engineering, Technical Services, Research & Development, Sales and Marketing to ensure products meet established quality specifications and customer expectations.
- Work on assignments and resolve problems that are highly complex in nature by interpreting data, reviewing relevant factors and analyzing situations to determine appropriate solutions and formulate recommendations to management when required, including visiting customers and suppliers as deemed necessary.
- Oversee and participate in regular periodic quality review meetings to ensure effectiveness of processes to drive quality improvements throughout the organization.
- Ensure functional groups manage process changes in a timely and effective manner to ensure the integrity of quality standards and product specifications.
- Oversee the design and implementation of robust quality programs and continuous monitoring of external supplier products and processes to ensure optimal manufacturing performance in both RCM locations.
- Ensure the development and continuous monitoring of various internal key performance indicators to provide stakeholders and management with information regarding organizational performance and propose corrective action as required.
- University Degree in Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive management experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of related business experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Bilingual Essential (English and French).
- Strong knowledge and experience in applying a range of lean-principles based problem solving methodologies to successfully and efficiently solve problems.
- Ability to lead, influence and engage a team of diverse talents.
- Strong project management skills and a mix of both strategic and tactical capability.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to interact at various levels of the organization and to work closely with external stakeholders.
- Exceptional organizational skills and having the resilience to work under pressure, managing multiple demands from a broad variety of internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated success in delivering results in a demanding and complex environment.
If you qualify for the mandatory requirements, and if the above describes your abilities and interests, please forward your resumé and cover letter in confidence to:
Royal Canadian Mint, Human Resources,
320 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0G8
Fax : (613) 998-0272
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
The Royal Canadian Mint promotes equity in employment: As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.