Under supervision and within the policies and procedures of the Royal Canadian Mint, the Electrician installs, repairs, maintains and troubleshoots all electrical and electronic equipment and machinery throughout the facility. Also carries out regular duties without supervision during shift work. Incumbent is expected to work within a three-shift operating pattern.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- The successful incumbent will hold a Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Possess a valid Manitoba or Interprovincial Journeyman Electrician License.
- Experience in industrial maintenance and in troubleshooting electrical and electronic equipment.
- Knowledge of PLCs and preventative maintenance experience in a modern manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the Health and Safety Program at the Royal Canadian Mint.
- Exercises judgement and initiative; maintains shop tools and equipment, plans daily activities and materials as required.
- Reads/interprets manufacturers recommendations, drawings, specifications, blueprints.
- Maintains, verifies services, repairs all machinery and all productions equipment, calibrates and repairs control instruments, and installs and repairs motors.
- Prepares time and material estimates, uses a computerized maintenance management system, and communicates clearly to prepare accurate reports on activities.
- Demonstrates troubleshooting and identification of practical solutions, provides recommendations, and suggests new and/or improved maintenance or operating techniques.
- Demonstrates skills to maintain and makes alterations to electrical systems.
- Demonstrates skills to update, prepare and modify electrical schematics related to equipment and building.
- Demonstrates skills to perform regular duties with minimal supervision and cooperates with superiors and colleagues in order to create a team environment.
If you qualify for the mandatory requirements, and if the above describes your abilities and interests, please forward your resumé and cover letter in confidence to:
Royal Canadian Mint, Human Resources,
520 Lagimodière Blvd.
Winnipeg, MB R2J 3E7
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
The Royal Canadian Mint promotes equity in employment: As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.