The Manager, Production Planning plays a key role as an internal service provider to the operations of the Company. He/she has a sense of urgency due to his/her deep appreciation of the importance of monitoring man hour estimates, tooling requirements, delivery of parts and materials in order not to negatively affect an on-time delivery, job profitability and the accurate completion and compliance of required documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Essential job functions include, but are not limited to: daily planning of the manufacturing floor, tracking and level loading of work cells, work with sales on customer requirements.
- Responsible for ongoing development of production and material schedules that support strategies for Marketing, Sales, inventory levels and capacity utilization; ensures customer service focus from all operations and employees.
- Works daily with Production Supervisors and Managers for optimal efficiency in meeting the needs of internal and external customers.
- Advise, problem-solve, communicate and coordinate outside of the direct materials planning group to ensure timely resolution of factors which could impact customer deliveries and satisfaction.
- Develop product standards for new products based on historical performance data.
- Produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis as required to ensure a smooth running of operations. Report to operations management any discrepancies and threats on a timely basis with the objective of resolving any issues and to avoid product delivery delays.
- Establish performance metrics, goals and performance evaluation processes in line with corporate policy. The individual and department goals should be aggressive, achievable and in line with corporate strategy.
- Responsible for the planning of numismatic and bullion products from raw materials to finished product. Responsible for inventory accuracy at all levels of production.
- Lead, coach and mentor direct reports and their subordinates to consistently deliver excellence in their undertaking as individuals and team players.
- Ensure commitment and accountability at all levels by maintaining a cohesive organization motivated to meet and exceed expectations.
- Hire, discipline and terminate employees as required.
- Ongoing maintenance of related ISO requirements.
- Participate in and contribute to cross-functional teams (such as New Product Introduction, Supply Chain Management, Finance) which have an immediate or future impact on production.
- Lead various weekly planning meetings with Senior Management, Sales, Manufacturing, Engraving, Engineering, Purchasing and Production to ensure timely and successful product launches.
- Interface weekly with all Sales channels to assure supply is in line with requirements. Prepare and review status reports.
- Ensure RCM security policies and procedures applicable to Mint and/or customer property are rigidly adhered to.
- Plan, prepare, recommend and monitor operating budgets for areas of responsibility.
- Arrange for training of personnel to meet corporate objectives and maintain records per ISO requirements.
- Promote and administer health and safety policies and procedures.
- Qualified applicants will have a degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Materials Management or related field and ten (10) or more years of production planning, master scheduling or production control in MRP environment required, CPIM certified (an APICS organization designation).
- A minimum of 2 years of management experience preferably in a union environment.
- Experience managing a group of 10+ persons in a high-pace environment, with rapidly-changing priorities
- Experience in implementing an ERP system, either Lean or MRP-based
- Experience with data-mining and data analysis
- Proven track record of implementing initiatives
- The selected candidate will also have excellent verbal and written communication skills, advanced interpersonal and organizational skills, and exceptional personal computing skills including Excel, Word, Internet and Outlook. Finally, the selected person will demonstrate exceptional leadership potential.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX experience is highly desirable
- Bilingual (fluent in French and English)
If you qualify for the mandatory requirements, and if the above describes your abilities and interests, please forward your resumé and cover letter in confidence to:
Royal Canadian Mint, Human Resources,
320 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0G8
Fax : (613) 998-0272
e-mail : email@example.com
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
The Royal Canadian Mint promotes equity in employment: As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.