Under the supervision and within the policies, standards and procedures of the RCM and the applicable acts and regulations; operates, maintains and repairs production and building equipment and performs building maintenance.
Education and Previous Experience:
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Must possess a Power Engineer 4th Class with an A-Class Gas Ticket, or a 3rd class license.
- Ability to operate, check and repair building services equipment and ensure maintenance logs are kept accurate.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to coordinate, schedule and monitor all building activities within the Federal, provincial and RCM regulations.
- Ability to repair, adjust, install and assemble building, production and grounds equipment.
- Ability to document and maintain all records and provide information on operating data.
- Ability to carry out minor carpentry and general building repairs.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including ability to co-operate with supervisors and colleagues and ability to foster relationships with other employees to enhance the team environment.
- Demonstrated skill to communicate concerns within the scope of Power Engineer.
- Demonstrated skill to troubleshoot and identify practical corrective action solutions.
- Ability to select material, parts and supplies; sourcing suppliers for completing work tasks.
- Analyze and report malfunctions, suggest remedial action or improvements.
- Demonstrated skill to suggest and make improvements to building and production equipment processes and systems.
- Ability to repair, rebuild and install pumps.
- Ability to repair and install process piping.
- Ability to plan and organize activities as well as materials and resources required.
- Ability to ensure that the Royal Canadian Mint policies and procedures applicable to safety and security are rigidly adhered to.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills.
If you qualify for the mandatory requirements, and if the above describes your abilities and interests, please forward your resumé and cover letter in confidence to:
Royal Canadian Mint, Human Resources,
520 Lagimodière Blvd.
Winnipeg, MB R2J 3E7
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
The Royal Canadian Mint promotes equity in employment: As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.