Reporting to the Senior Director of Sales, Foreign Business Line, the Sales Assistant is responsible for a wide range of administrative and general support duties of a highly responsible and confidential nature. He/she coordinates the day-to-day activities of the Senior Director of Sales and the Sales Manager. The Sales Assistant must have the desire to excel in a very fast paced environment, where priorities change quickly, but customer satisfaction always remains the focus. He/she acts as the administrative contact with local sales agents and customer service representatives and supports other members of the team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinates instructions with various individuals and departments.
- Communicates on behalf of the Senior Director of Sales and Sales Manager when requested with customers at all levels including VIP’s from foreign governments (Governors, Deputy Governors, Ministers, Deputy Ministers, and Ambassadors), regional Representatives, and internal stakeholders to ensure steady flow of information and customer satisfaction.
- Prepares Request for Quotes and Decline Quote forms as required by ISO.
- Assists the Sales team in preparing offers and responses to requests from current and potential customers.
- Assists the Quoting team in the preparation of bidding documents.
- Organizes various projects as requested by the Sales Team.
- Drafts correspondence, reports, contracts, training proposals and design forms, tables for reports and presentations. Researches and obtains necessary information for letters and documents, prepares replies and ensures timely responses to letters.
- Assists the Office of the Managing Director of Sales in the planning of Foreign Business Line International conferences.
- Assists the Sales team in carrying out activities and operations within external regulations and laws governing the Mint.
- Works closely with members of the Project Management and Quoting teams on internal processes and follows-up on tight deadlines.
- Follows-up with the Legal Department in regards to legal documents required by the Sales team.
- Actions the certification and legalization of documents at Foreign Affairs and Embassies.
- Assists Quoting and Project Management teams to comply with ISO requirements by maintaining documented records using documented ISO procedures and inform Projects Management of customer complaints.
- Directs concerns received through the Everest Database to the proper person and follows-up that replies are approved by the Communications department and returned to the inquirer in a reasonable time period.
- Responsible for filing and archiving Sales related files according to corporate procedures following compliance with Access to Information rules.
- Orders Mint products and supplies through Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Supports other Foreign Business Line team members with incoming foreign delegations related activities.
- General office administration including but not limited to: Answer routine questions, obtain and provide information to other departments; Prepare invitation letters according to Citizenship and Immigration requirements; Organize meetings and delegations; Make international travel arrangements including, but not limited to, securing travel authorizations, obtaining visas, bookings, conference registrations for the Sales team (including Sales consultants), confirming validity of team members’ passport and reviewing travel and general expense claims to validate that they conform to travel policy; Assists in the preparation of the Senior Director of Sales and the Sales Manager’s expense reports as well as regional representative’s expenses for reimbursement with the Mint’s Finance department; Create and maintain all paper and electronic files and keep them up to date with necessary documents; Translate texts of a general and technical nature.
- College degree in administration or equivalent.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years experience in an administrative assistant role.
- Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written).
- Knowledge of French is an asset.
- Proficiency with the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work well independently and as part of a team, initiative, good judgment and tact.
- Excellent administrative abilities and organizational skills, strong ability to prioritize work, to think creatively and to solve problems.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to work effectively under pressure to meet changing deadlines.
- Attention to detail and strong research abilities.
- Good understanding of different cultures.
- Strong ethics and values.
If you qualify for the mandatory requirements, and if the above describes your abilities and interests, please forward your resumé and cover letter in confidence to:
Royal Canadian Mint, Human Resources,
320 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0G8
Fax : (613) 998-0272
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
The Royal Canadian Mint promotes equity in employment: As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.