Reporting to the President & CEO, the Vice President, Finance and Administration & CFO directs a wide variety of accounting and control, financial, information technology, administration, treasury management, insurance and risk management, corporate purchasing, financial and economic analysis for current and new business opportunities and other activities in order to assure that each of these functions meets established goals and provides effective service to the Corporation as a whole. The incumbent is responsible for directly leading a team of 8 employees and indirectly, a group of approximately 85 employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Acts as member of the Executive Committee and thus participates in the determination of the Corporation’s strategic direction. In addition, provides assistance from a financial perspective in the development of the Five-Year Corporate Plan and the Annual Operation Plan, including: proposing key performance measures; financial analysis and modelling.
• Co-operates with other Vice-Presidents and senior management to help achieve the RCM's key business goals and objectives.
• Provides in-depth analysis, advice and guidance to the President and senior executives on all matters relating to Finance, Treasury and Cash Management, Information Technology, Insurance and Risk Management, Corporate Purchasing and Financial and Economical Analysis teams and other relevant administrative matters.
• Provides the Board of Directors Audit Committee with pertinent information on the RCM’s financial performance, reports on major projects and their relevant business cases, reviews the effectiveness of RCM financial reporting and corporate control systems, discusses internal and external audit results and the RCM’s risk management framework.
• Provides financial information to the Board of Directors regarding key strategic issues to assist Board members in their decision making process.
• Builds a positive work environment by managing direct reports to ensure effective utilisation of the employees’ capabilities. Ensures they maintain the required level of expertise and increase competence levels in support of the corporate vision and organizational objectives.
• Develops strong relationships with peers and other RCM employees and provides financial and economic analysis support to the COO, VP Operations, VP Sales and other internal customers.
• Is the prime contact for the Corporation with officials of the Department of Finance.
• Improves processes within portfolio of responsibilities using modern management techniques and Lean Enterprise principles.
• Oversees the operations of the Corporations wholly owned subsidiary, RCMH and is a member of the Board of Directors.
• Performs other responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the CEO.
• University Degree in Commerce, Finance or Business Administration, Masters of Business Administration (MBA) an asset.
• Possess an accounting designation, Charted Accountant (CA) designation preferred.
• Minimum of 10 to 15 years of experience in a senior level finance role, private sector industry experience is preferred.
• Bilingual (English and French).
• Extensive knowledge and experience of various financial management principles, financial statement analysis, strategic business plan development, productivity and profitability analysis.
• Possess excellent problem solving skills, sound judgment, and demonstrate creative thinking in the face of multiple challenges in a diversified business model environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing complex issues to various levels with internal and external stakeholders, including Shareholder and Board of Directors, to promote business strategies, objectives and achievements.
• Demonstrate a collaborative, flexible approach while remaining effective and focused in leading a diversified portfolio of responsibilities.
• Ability to build and foster relationships at senior executive levels to further the RCM’s goals and objectives.
• Demonstrate strong leadership abilities and interpersonal skills to develop and mentor employees in incumbent’s area of responsibility.
If you qualify for the mandatory requirements, and if the above describes your abilities and interests, please forward your resumé and cover letter in confidence to:
Royal Canadian Mint, Human Resources,
320 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0G8
Fax : (613) 998-0272
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
The Royal Canadian Mint promotes equity in employment: As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.