There are coins which stay in your mind long after they've left your pocket. The Royal Canadian Mint is proud to issue coins that are recognized as worldwide minting milestones:
Vancouver 2010 Olympic Coins
– Making history with the creation of the first-ever circulation coin program celebrating Olympic and Paralympic games.
Québec 400th Anniversary Toonie
– This commemorative $2 coin highlights the city of Québec as a meeting place for people and culture.
The Million Dollar Coin
– Not only a first of its kind, but also setting a Guinness World Record as the world's largest and purest gold coin.
Breast Cancer Coin
– Together with the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation, the world's second coloured circulation coin respects a future without breast cancer.
Year of the Veteran Coin
– This 25 cent coin pays tribute to Canadian veterans, thanking the young and old for their decades of duty and sacrifice in times of war and peace.
Terry Fox Coin
– This special circulation $1 coin was created in memory of Terry Fox, a true Canadian hero with a legend that lives on.
The Poppy Coin
– As the world's first coloured circulation coin, this red poppy stamped coin quickly became a collector's item.