Royal Canadian Mint Sets Record with 25 Collector Coins Selling Out In 2010Back to Listing
Ottawa, Ontario, January 12, 2011 – The Royal Canadian Mint is posting stellar results for the sale of its numismatic products in 2010 and is delighted to have sold out 25 collector coins over the last 12 months. This record benchmark is a ringing customer endorsement of the Mint's world class numismatic-products, whose appealing designs and themes, quality and innovations have fuelled strong domestic and international demand in 2010.
"The Royal Canadian Mint prides itself on producing collector coins whose quality, innovation and craftsmanship set the gold standard for the minting industry and attract collectors from Canada and all over the world," said Ian E. Bennett, President and C.E.O. of the Royal Canadian Mint. "The sell-out of an amazing 25 different collector products over the past year demonstrates the extraordinary appeal of our coins and strengthens our reputation for excellence."
The products behind this resounding success include:
- 2009 Montreal Canadiens - Limited Edition Collector Set
- Special Edition Olympic Gold Coin Set
- Special Edition Olympic Silver Coin Set
- First Canadian Olympic Gold Commemorative $200 Gold Coin
- 2010 Special Edition Uncirculated Set – Top 3 Winter Games Moments
- 2010 Limited Edition Proof Dollar - The Sun
- 2010 $300 Platinum Coin - Ground Sloth
- 2010 $2500 Kilo Gold Coin - 125th Anniversary of Banff
- 2010 $500 Gold Coin – 75th Anniversary of the First Bank Notes Issued by the Bank of Canada
- 2010 $50 Silver Coin – 75th Anniversary of the First Bank Notes Issued by the Bank of Canada
- 2010 Special Edition Proof Silver Dollar - 75th Anniversary of Canada's Voyageur Silver Dollar
- 2010 Limited Edition Proof Set - 75th anniversary of Canada's Voyageur Silver Dollar
- 2010 Gold and Silver Maple Leaf Piedfort Set
- 2010 Limited Edition Proof Silver Dollar - Poppy
- 2010 $20 Fine Silver Coin - Crystal Water Lily
- 2010 $20 Silver Coin - Crystal Snowflake (Meridian Blue)
- 2010 $20 Silver Coin - Crystal Snowflake (Tanzanite)
- 2010 $20 Fine Silver Coin - Holiday Pine Cones (Ruby) Coin
- $10 Sterling Silver Coin & Stamps Set – Blue Whale (2010)
- 2010 25-Cent Coloured Coin - Blue Jay
- 2010 25-Cent Coloured Coin - Gold Finch
- 2010 Special Edition $2 Specimen Set - Young Lynx
- 2010 Uncirculated Set
- 2010 Special Edition Uncirculated Set
- 2010 50-cent Special Wrap Roll
Several other collector coins are quickly approaching sell-out status. To obtain these products and many more, contact the Mint directly at 1-800-267-1871 in Canada,
1-800-268-6468 in the US, or on the Internet at www.mint.ca. The coins are also available at the Royal Canadian Mint's boutiques in Ottawa and Winnipeg as well as through our global network of dealers and distributors.
About the Royal Canadian Mint
The Royal Canadian Mint is the Crown Corporation responsible for the minting and distribution of Canada's circulation coins. An ISO 9001-2008 certified company, the Mint is recognized as one of the largest and most versatile mints in the world, offering a wide range of specialized, high quality coinage products and related services on an international scale. For more information on the Mint, its products and services, visit www.mint.ca.
Images and product details of the Mint's newest collection are available by visiting ftp://communications:RCM2007@ftp.mint.ca.
For more information, please contact:
Senior Manager, Communications
Telephone: (613) 949-5777
Fax: (613) 991-2628
Mobile: (613) 884-6370