Royal Canadian Mint Launches Second Numismatic Catalogue of 2015Back to Listing
Canada's love of the outdoors celebrated on new Canoe Across Canada and North American Sport Fishing series
Ottawa, Ontario, February 4, 2015 – The Royal Canadian Mint is again featuring a wide range of distinctly Canadian themes in its latest offering of collector coins. Included are new fine silver coins which bring to life cherished vistas of our natural landscape in a new Canoe Across Canada series, starting with "Wondrous West" by artist Greg Banning, while the thrill of hooking a trophy fish on our lakes and rivers is dramatically captured on the North American Sport Fish series, which begins with "Largemouth Bass", designed by Curtis Atwater.
Other products include:
• The 2015 $5 Fine Silver Coin from the Canadian Bank Notes Series,
featuring a Barclay's Bank allegorical design;
• The 2015 5-Cent Fine Silver Coin - Legacy of the Canadian
Nickel: The Crossed Maple Boughs;
• The 2015 $10 Fine Silver Coin - Maple Leaf, featuring a Sugar Maple
illustration by Celia Godkin;
• The 2015 $10 Pure Gold Coin - Maple Leaves With Queen Elizabeth II Effigy (1965);
• The 2015 $15 Fine Silver Coin Exploring Canada: Building the Canadian
Pacific Railway (# 8 in the series), designed by John Mantha;
• The 2015 $15 Fine Silver Carmichael 3-Coin Set, honouring the 125th anniversary
of the birth of Group of Seven painter Franklin Carmichael;
• The 2015 $20 Fine Silver Coin - The Great Lakes: Lake Huron (final coin in the series);
• The 2015 $25 Fine Silver Coin Star Charts: The Great Ascent (#3 in the series) by Cyril Assiniboine;
• The 2015 $20 Fine Silver Coin Bighorn Sheep, by artist Maurade Baynton;
• The 2015 25-Cent Pure Gold Coin Rock Rabbit, designed by Derek C. Wicks;
• The 2015 $200, 99.999% Pure Gold Coin - Growling Cougar, by artist Pierre Leduc; and
• The enamel-enhanced 2015 $250 Fine Silver and $2500 Pure Gold Kilo Coins: In The
Eyes Of The Cougar, designed by artist Glen Loates.
Mintages, pricing and full background information on each product can be found on the "Shop" tab of www.mint.ca.
All of these products can be ordered directly from the Mint at 1-800-267-1871 in Canada, 1-800-268-6468 in the US, or online at www.mint.ca. The coins are also available at the Royal Canadian Mint's boutiques in Ottawa, Winnipeg and Vancouver, as well as through our global network of dealers and distributors, including participating Canada Post outlets.
About the Royal Canadian Mint
The Royal Canadian Mint is the Crown Corporation responsible for the minting and distribution of Canada's circulation coins. An ISO 9001-2008 certified company, the Mint is recognized as one of the largest and most versatile mints in the world, offering a wide range of specialized, high quality coinage products and related services on an international scale. For more information on the Mint, its products and services, visit www.mint.ca
For more information, please contact:
Senior Manager, Communications
Tel: (613) 949-5777